enableHR users have access roles assigned to them which dictate what aspects of the system they can access. There are five standard roles in enableHR. Each of these roles are explained below:
- Employee Management: a user with this role can access the employee management module
- Contractor Management: a user with this role can access the contractor management module
- Volunteer Management: a user with this role can access the volunteer management module
- WHS: a user with this role can access the WHS module
- Account Admin: a user with this role can access the settings for the account including users, branches and general account details.
Users can be assigned one or multiple roles. An HR manager for example, would be assigned all of the above roles whereas a user who does not have security clearance to view personnel files but who is responsible for entering in WHS details would be assigned the WHS User role and would not able to view anything else.
How to set up and modify access controls
If you are not familiar with the new user creation process, click here.
1. Click on Settings (top right corner) and then click on Usernames and Passwords
2. Click on the user name and the details will appear to the right
3. Click on the Access Control tab (1), then Roles/Permissions (2). Click Edit (3) and tick the roles you want to assign to this user. Update the record.
In addition to roles, users need to be granted access to the branches that they have permission to view. How do I control a user's access via branches?
Read our Overview of User Access for other methods of controlling what a user can access in enableHR.