Creating & Authorising a User
FYI: This option will only be available if you have the ‘AccountAdmin’ role assigned to you. Also, a username can only be used once therefore please be careful as you go through with the user profile creation and do not just delete or modify it until you are sure.
- Click on 'Settings'.
- Click on 'Usernames and Passwords'.
- Click on 'Users'.
- Click on the 'New User' button to start this process.
Enter Core Details:
- Enter a unique Username for the new User (usually an email address or "firstname.lastname").
- Enter an initial password for them to use (or use the password generator to provide random options).
- Enter the user’s personal details (important as is required in some documents / templates).
- Enter the user’s contact email address (important for password resets & email functionality).
- Enter an alert email if they would like alerts to be delivered elsewhere (i.e. You could have alert [not personal account] emails going to a shared mailbox).
- Enter the users Position Title.
- Select the time zone for the user if different to the account time zone.
- Tick the Password Expired checkbox to request a password change on first login.
- Tick the Self Service Only box if the user will only access enableHR Self Service (This means the user will not count toward the User Limit for the account. This mainly refers to those who are not subscribed to the enablehR All-Inclusive Model).
- Accepted Terms will be ticked by default. This indicates that the user has accepted the terms and conditions of use as outlined in the service agreement between enableHR Pty Limited and the User’s company.
Confirm Communication Elements:
- Check Opt-In to mailing list if you would like the User to receive regular communication about the system, changes and issues (recommended for key people).
- Check the Opt-in to Autoresponders if you would like the User to receive a series of emails about getting started. They are recommended except when communication or training is managed independently or the system is highly customised from typical operation.
- Change the Autoresponders Start Date if required.
Confirm Creation Workflow Elements:
- Check Grant Access to All only if you wish to grant the User access to all branches in the company.
- Check Subscribe to all alerts only if you wish the User to receive alerts triggered within the system.
- Click Create to lock in the details and create the User.
Allocate Roles to the User Record:
This section helps you define the modules/record types the User can interact with & what they can do with when interacting with those modules/record types.
NOTE: New Users will be granted the default roles shown in the Account Settings – Automation tab of the account. Please refer to the User Access Roles Available in enableHR for the full list of access roles you can assign your users.
On the other hand, you can also take a screenshot of an existing user's assigned roles by clicking their name from your list of users then click Access Control tab followed by Roles and Permissions tab for you to easily mirror the roles to assign. This will be very helpful in scenarios where:
- a new user has a similar role or permissions to one of your existing users
- a new user will replace an old user (i.e. user who already left the company)
To allocate roles to the record, first click on the newly created username and:
- Click the Access Control tab
- Click the Roles/Permissions tab
- Click the Edit button
- Select roles required of the user (or De-Select roles not required)
- Click Update to lock in the changes
Allocate Branch Access to the User Record:
This section helps you define the sections of the business User can access.
NOTE: New Users will be granted access to all available branches if you have ticked the ‘Grant Access to All’ box when creating the user profile. The new user won't be able to log in at all if they do not have a branch access allocated to their user profile.
Click on the newly created User to open the User record and:
- Click the Access Control tab.
- Click the Branches tab.
- Click the Edit button.
- Select branches you would like the User to access (or De-Select branches not required).
- Click Update to lock in the changes.
- How do I restrict a user from viewing their own employee file?
- How do I restrict a user from seeing particular employee files (Blacklist)
- How do I restrict user's access using Organisational Chart?