All Incidents that are reported in enableHR are created as an individual record file in the Incident tab. New Incidents can be entered into enableHR in a number of manners comprising:
- By a worker using enable Self Service. Note: workers can only see the Incidents they report in eSS - they cannot see all Incidents.
- By a WHS Administrator or Manager using enable Self Service.
- By a WHS Administrator or Manager using their login to enableHR and adding the Incident via the 'Incident Management' checklist or via 'Add Incident' button
User Access and Security Permissions
When an Incident is reported using Enable Self Service, those users who have the 'WHS Notification' role assigned to their user security permissions will receive an email alerting them to the new Incident item being reported so that the Incident Management process can be initiated. Please refer to the 'WHS Module Access and Roles' article for more information about WHS roles and permissions.
Note: Users also need to have access to the branch the Incident is reported into. It is therefore recommended that WHS Managers and Site Managers have access to the appropriate branches they hold safety management responsibilities for.
The Management of Incidents
To manage an Incident once it has been reported, a user should go to the 'Manage Safety' workflow menu and commence an 'Incident Management' workflow to step through the process and steps for effectively managing the Incident.
Incident Management checklist automatically started whenever a new Incident is reported.
The Incident record file should be used to capture and record all the data, documents, notes and reminders to assist in:
- Capturing an accurate profile of the Incident for reporting;
- Evidencing actions taken or work undertaken (i.e. invoices, audit reports, meeting minutes, decision records, notes);
- Consultation with workers to assess risk and implement control measures;
- Managing any follow up activities by creating alerts and/or reminders.